Thursday, March 14, 2013

Training for a Half Marathon (Again)

So, I signed up for the Standard Chartered Half Marathon, in June, after almost a year of not joining any races. So far I can still maintain running up to 10k without a problem, so yay for that. I would have thought that my stamina would be worse. But I suppose, insanity workouts help and I have been poling anyways.

Next step, to build up my stamina for 15k runs. I don't specifically research on training methods (like I used to maniacally do before). I guess now I am more accepting of my limitations and just strive to make each run better than the last :) So much less stress that way. Besides, stressing out about runs is just counter intuitive!

Oh well, my current fave songs to run to (in no particular order):

1. Madness by Muse
2. Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys
3. Spirit Indestructible by Nelly Furtado
4. Die Young by Kesha
5. Anything by Ne-yo.
6. Anything by Kelly Clarkson
7. Nothing compares to you by Sinnead O'Connor (ok this may sound to slow but I swear the tempo is perfect for my pace).

Okay, I need more songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment