Monday, March 12, 2012

Epsom Salt - Runner's remedy for Aching Feet


So after yesterday's painful Brooks Half Marathon and all the hobbling around after, I soaked my feet in ice which totally numbed them. After the soak, I proceeded with some cooling gel. I have no idea how effective this is to treat the pain, just pure experimentation on my part. When I woke up this morning, my feet were extremely stiff and felt 'disjointed' from the rest of my body. Nevertheless, I still had to wear high heels to work (would just ruin my outfit if I didn't, tehehehe)

However, I have been reading up on the wonders of Epsom salt (see here amongst other materials: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/use-epsom-salts-13-wonderful-ways.html)  and finally found some this evening.

Magnesium sulfate apparently reduces aches and draws out toxin and relaxes your body. So, I am blissfully soaking my feet in warm water with half a cup of epsom salt while typing this.

Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. If I do, I will probably incorporate this foot soak into a weekly routine. Epsom salt is cheap too, RM5.70 for 375 grams from your friendly Guardian pharmacy.

Has anyone else used this remedy for bodily aches and pain?

Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment